Report To: Facilities Coordinator
Classification: Full Time | Non-exempt
Salary & Benefits: $17.00 per hour.
The Center offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401K with an employer contribution, voluntary life and LTD/STD insurance, paid parental, family care and gender affirming healthcare leave. We also offer a generous paid time off policy.
Schedule: Schedule flexibility required, including weekdays, evenings until midnight and/or weekends. This position is regularly scheduled to work 40 hours per week.
Summary: The Building Services/Porter Staff perform general cleaning, maintenance and event set-up duties under the supervision of the Facilities Coordinator. Weekday, evening and weekend hours required; schedule flexibility a must.
General Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Perform cleaning and upkeep work according to standard procedures and The Center’s operational schedule.
- Perform a tour and review of building conditions at the beginning and end of every shift.
- Respond to calls for assistance from Information & Referral staff and provide general building operations support where needed.
- Regularly cleans meeting rooms, hallways, restrooms, offices, stairways, windows and other areas as prescribed and scheduled by management.
- Use brooms, mops, and floor equipment to sweep, mop, and buff floors; use vacuum cleaners to clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture and blinds.
- Dust furniture and equipment.
- Empty wastebaskets and recycling containers; sort and transfer trash and recycling for pick-up.
- Wash walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, doors and sills.
- Make minor carpentry repairs, replace light bulbs and perform touch up and finish painting.
- Replenish restroom supplies; tour restrooms regularly and as scheduled by management.
- Clear snow from entrances and walkways (seasonal).
- Perform setup and breakdown of chairs, tables and equipment in meeting and other functional rooms; generally prepare rooms for use by Center and user group organizations.
- Pick up and deliver supplies and materials to rooms.
- Follow all applicable safety rules and procedures.
- Report work accomplished orally or on written work order to supervisor, as required.
- Compliance with all Center policies and procedures; attend staff meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Schedule flexibility, including weekdays, evenings until midnight and/or weekends.
- General experience (2-3 years) and working knowledge of proper cleaning techniques.
- Ability to perform heavy lifting and physically demanding tasks with repetition.
- Ability to receive supervision and feedback and adjust performance accordingly.
- Promotes a positive and pleasant attitude with the ability to interact with a wide variety of individuals, including a diverse public.
- Exhibit sensitivity to and knowledge of LGBT issues and communities.
- A strong commitment to the mission of The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community Center.
The Center’s Commitment to Equity & Inclusivity:
The Center was born of community activism in response to the AIDS epidemic, ensuring a place for LGBTQ people to access information, care, and support that they were not receiving elsewhere. We opened in 1983 to help people who had doors constantly closed in their faces, ostracized by family, friends, and shunned by the general society. Since that time, we have continually provided a wide array of services and programs to serve our community, with an intentional focus on providing support to those who are most vulnerable. We have always taken great care to be a space that responds to community need; engaging in diversity, equity and inclusion work is another outgrowth of those ongoing efforts. We recognize that in order to help LGBTQ individuals and our diverse community achieve parity in health, justice, opportunity and success outcomes, our organization must hold a strong foundation and competency in, as well as invest organizational focus on, equity and inclusion frameworks, practices and policies. This is also true in our hiring and retention of staff.
The Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.